Washington Township School District
Kids Choice Before and After School Program
Kids Choice before and after school program was established in 2007 as a partnership with the Washington Township School District to provide a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for school age children. We provide before school activities from 7:00am to the beginning of school and after school care from the time school is dismissed until 6:00pm. Both programs operate from Monday through Friday and are conveniently located in every elementary and middle school.
Before School Care
Our before school morning program provides a place they can take their child that is safe and fun. It helps start their day at school on a positive note. Readying their minds and emotions to successfully begin their day. Breakfast will not be served in the Before School Program, however you may send your child with a nutritious snack/meal.
After School Care
Our after-school program provides the opportunity for each child to do their homework assignments and seek assistance when needed. We offer a variety of age-appropriate supervised activities such as games, athletics, arts & crafts that encourage free play and creativity. We also provide a healthy and nutritious snack for the children enrolled in the after-school program.
Programs Locations & Staff
Washington Township School District
- Birches Elementary; 416 Westminster Blvd, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- Alaina Cachia (Birches Elementary School since 2015)
- Bells Elementary: 227 Greentree Road, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- Terri Wade (Bells Elementary School since 2010)
- Grenloch Terrace; 251 Woodbury Turnersville RD, Sewell, NJ 08080
- Toni Sleeter (Grenloch Terrace since 2016)
- Hurffville Elementary: 200 HURFFVILLE GRENLOCH RD SEWELL, NJ 08080-Temporary Full
- Marianne Riley (Hurffville since 2014)
- Thomas Jefferson, 95 Altair Drive Turnersville, NJ 08012
- Kim McNichol (Thomas Jefferson since 2014
- Wedgwood Elementary; 416 Westminster Blvd, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- Melissa Thoden (Wedgwood since 2015)
- Whitman Elementary; 827 Whitman School Rd, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- John DiDomizio (Whitman Elementary School since 2009)
All Kids Choice Employees are:
- Fingerprinted and background checked
- CPR Certified
- First Aid Certified
- Receive annual training as per State Guidelines
Program Before School Hours
7am – 9:15am 7:00 am – 8:00 am
Free Playtime, there must be a variety of age-appropriate activities for all children to engage in. Many stations set up.
8:00 am – 8:30 am
Children will lineup, take count, walk down to all purpose room for breakfast with staff
8:30 am – 9:00 am
After breakfast, take count, wash hands, free play time.
Line up children, take count/roll taken, double checked with other staff members
9:15 am Walk children to teacher lines accompanied by Kids Choice staff members.
Program After School Hours
Children report to the gymnasium/all purpose room (depends on location), book bags placed by far wall, kids then report to the red circle and sit down for roll call/count.
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm
4:00 pm – 4:15 pm Snack time, children wash hands and sit to receive snacks
4:15 pm – 4:45 pm
4:45 pm – 5;15 pm Organized game, craft, sport
5:15 pm – 6:00 pm
Daily After School Care
As working mothers we understand the demands on your time that’s why we at Kids Choice help you in every way that we can. Homework is completed on a daily basis with staff assistance. We check homework to make sure that it is completed and correct but we ask you to check it over also. Activities such as:
- Organized Daily Games
- Free Play
- Arts and Crafts
- Board Games
- Variety of Age Appropriate Toys
- Outside Play (Weather Permitting)
- WII Sport, Dancing
- Special Activities
- Bounce Houses
- Guest Speakers
- Pizza Parties
- Build your Own Sundaes
- Movie Days
Payment Tuition & Schedule
The following are Kids Choice 2020 – 2021 per student tuition for our preschool or aftercare programs.
- Am Care- $160.00 per month
** Pricing is based upon normal hours of coverage should the hours be extended pricing will change to reflect the new hours**Prices subject to change with COVID -19 Guidelines
Our normal discounts are being temporarily suspended. Once normal school resumes we will resume our discounts.
Payment for the upcoming month of service is due by the 1st of that month. Payments must be made via an automatic withdrawal from an account or applied to a credit card. In order to start the first day of school payments must be set up for September 1st withdrawal.
PO Box 9030
Turnersville, NJ 08012
We also accept all State of New Jersey Assistance Programs.